Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A little larger this time

I just finished this painting before I head off to the day job. I paint any chance I get. Before work, after work, until the wee hours of the night. I've been sitting on reference photos that led to this painting for awhile now. Finally, I decided to tackle it. I don't paint flowers all that often and I know I really ought to. The result is always unexpected and beautiful. I'm glad it never turns out the way I was trying to get it to look.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, dunno if that is a bad thing or a good thing...I should be in control as an artist and in most of my work, everything turns out how I was expecting it to. But with the flowers, I just paint, not really trying to get an exact look or specific detail. Maybe painting flowers is my way of letting loose, letting inspiration and paint take the drivers seat. Huh, the discoveries one makes while dabbling in paint and then writing about it.

Well, I hope you enjoy the result as much as I do. Bytheway, Anyone know the name of this flower? I took reference photos of these from my friends flower garden and never bothered to ask what kind they are. They are beautiful bright flowers that remind me a lot of Pom Poms.

No comments: