Saturday, March 30, 2013

9 Hours In...

My plans of working all day long on this piece really didn't happen. It was one of those saturdays were I figured I could quickly run a couple of errands, and then attempt to clean the kitchen, then remember that I still need to watch the latest episode of the Vampire Diaries (LOVE that show), and then ended up falling asleep on the couch.... So, I only worked on this for about 3 hours today. But some is better than none!

I'm excited with how this piece is coming along. I still have A LOT left to do, I'm maybe only 1/4 of the way done but it's encouraging to see the painting progress. At times, I tend to get overly excited about what the piece will look like when it is finished and run the risk of rushing through it to see. So, working on it in small chunks of time help me to slow down and avoid rushing through a painting, like this, where there is so much detail. From the very first brushstroke to now, I have a little more than 9 hours invested. I haven't been able to paint as much before or after work as I would have liked. Oh well!

I'm not sure if I'll end up posting tomorrow so I'll go ahead and wish you all a happy Easter. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: