Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Work of an Artist Never Ends

I have several pieces in process. One of a snowy landscape, several mini's that might end up being submission pieces for The Hockaday Mini Show and the {mini} benefit show for the ZACC (Zootown Arts Community Center)....and then there is this piece.

This is the one I'm most excited about. It's 22x30 (I know, another big one...I am just loving painting big pieces!) It is based off an image I took at the Ski Joring event a week and 1/2 ago for the Whitefish Winter Carnival. For those of you who have never heard of Ski Joring, here are a couple of shots to show what it is!

Skiers are pulled by a rope over jumps by a horse and rider, while making sure they zig-zag around flags in the ground. It is SO much fun to watch!

2 comments:

Jenn Yarborough questions from a blogger in 2012 restarting in 22 said...

I like it! Horses and snow my two favorite things... well aside from art, strawberries, and AK. Great work! Keep at it, art is a passion and needs to excite you!

Kim Shirley said...

Thanks Jenn!!! :)