Monday, July 6, 2015

Working

The past month I've been constantly working! I have a lot of opportunities and projects and apologize for allowing the blog to go to the wayside. I've been working on a lot of mini pieces for a gallery I've recently had the opportunity to become a part of. I haven't yet built up the amount of images I want to showcase to them, but I'm getting close.

I had been commissioned to paint 25 images for a wedding a while ago. A couple is getting married at the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco and want original artwork at each of the guests dinner tables...a different image at each table. I just finished everything today! And just in the nick of time. The wedding is next week!!!! It's been fun yet challenging. The images are small, 4x4 or 4x6 and they rang from ocean to jungle to african animals. I even painted a T-Rex, which is featured in the Academy of Sciences.

Then, in addition to attempting to get some pieces done for art fair season (which started this past weekend), I've been asked to hang for a solo exhibition next month! It will be at Steven Isley Jewelry again. :) Steve and Cindy asked that I exhibit some of my animals for the Art Walk in August! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D I can't help but grin ear to ear thinking about the wonderful opportunity. So, I've started working on some new wildlife pieces. I'm thinking some big game animals....and a maybe another bear! I'll also exhibit a few older pieces because I'm not sure how many quality pieces I can finish on such a tight deadline. Here is a Bison in progress. I have a LONG way to go but already liking the result!

3 comments:

Jonathan Pitts said...

Those are so cool...I had no idea you were doing this project. I'm jealous of it, actually. Nice work, Ms. Shirley. You're a star.

Lys said...

I love the wedding tables idea! And those images are perfection. You are one talented artist, Kim. Love you!!

Unknown said...

And this wedding planner couldn't be happier with the images! They are just perfect both showcasing your immense talent, and all of those things/creatures/skeletons that the guests will find in the California Academy of Sciences. Thank you for doing this project with such passion, creativity and talent.