Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Teaching!

I had the opportunity to teach watercolor at Stumptown art studio in Whitefish,  MT twice since the new year. It has been so much fun and really reminds me why I love watercolor. I also love sharing my favorite medium with others....in hopes that they'll love it too.
The first class I taught was color in the winter landscape. We painted a picture of sunlight coming through a forest of trees in Glacier. It was great to see everyone's interpretation and style come through.
The second class was watercolor journaling with ink. Inspired by the images I did on a week long river trip last May, I shared with the class techniques and tips to create spontaneous and fresh studies of the world around you.
I don't teach very often but I sure do have fun sharing watercolor with others!

No comments: