Thursday, January 15, 2015

Soup Du Jour

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile...it has been busy between the holidays and ongoing projects, but there will be several posts in the next couple of days. YAY!

Todays post is of a passion of mine. FOOD! I love love love to cook and eat delicious food. One of my favorite quick and easy dishes is Carrot Ginger Soup. While I began chopping the onion I started thinking about how often I've given this recipe out. I love it and I'm constantly sharing it. What better way to share than on my blog!

Soooooooooo, Here is Carrot Ginger Soup!

This is one of the easiest dishes to make. Just chop up some onions (recipe calls for one, but I like onions so I'll use two or three) and saute them for a bit.

Pour in some Veggie broth/stock (again the recipe calls for something different, chicken stock but I have a lot of vegetarian friends so I've just gotten in the habit of cooking with Veggie stock).

Put in 2-3lbs of Carrots, peeled and cut into 2" chuncks.

Grate 2 TBS of Ginger

and bring all of this to a boil and let it boil until the carrots are tender.

Then transfer it to a blender and puree to your hearts desire. Careful though....the heat can make it act like the mud pots in Yellowstone.

At this point I just dish it, grate some cheddar and eat up but again the recipe calls for something else...heavy whipping cream to make the soup creamier and pepper.

Thanks for letting me share my favorite soup to make with you. It's super easy and super delicious and easy to embellish and make your own.

No comments: