Sunday, August 19, 2012

In the midst of art fair season...

In the midst of art fair season, I actually found the time to get a few more pieces done. I wish I had more to show you, honestly, as the inspiration and ideas are at an all time high. I really can't wait for a quiter autumn so I can start working and painting more.


This piece above of the grain mill is an experiment for me. I normally paint on 140lb Arches or Fabriano cold or rough press watercolor paper. This piece was painted on Rives BFK (grey color) as I have been painting some of my mini poppy pieces on it. I wanted to see how it would be doing a larger piece (more in my 'normal' style). I'm very happy with the results. I think it gives a soft gentle feel to the piece.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Mom said...

AWESOME!!!!!